It’s playing with everything we’ve got.
It’s remembering the people who have worn the jersey before.
It’s representing the jersey, the club and our community.
Belconnen United FC (aka BUFC or Blue Devils) is the premier league club in the Belconnen region, Canberra. The Belconnen United Football Club (then ‘Soccer’ Club) was formed in 1970 as the new Canberra district of Belconnen was establishing.
We cater to senior men’s and women’s (Premier League, State League and Masters’ teams), Premier League boys (12s, 14s & 16s), both boys & girls youth development programs, and Premier League Futsal teams.
Along with our affiliated family of clubs, we provide the largest range of football programs in Canberra for all ages. Our affiliated junior clubs are Belnorth, Belsouth and Belwest (U5 – U18 boys’ and girls’ teams) and North Canberra Futsal (junior and senior Futsal teams on Canberra’s Northside).
You are invited to our 2017 Presentation night
Place: Yowani Golf Club, 455 Northbourne Ave, Lyneham
Date: 23rd September 2017
Time: Arrive at 6:30pm for a 7pm start.
Dress: Smart casual
Cost: $55 per head includes all food and entertainment. Drinks will be available to purchase at the bar.
Come along and enjoy a night to remember to celebrate a great 2017.
We will be having a red carpet arrival, a DJ & karaoke; and, of course, a fantastic buffet meal, please see a copy of the menu below.
All adults in the club are welcome to attend whether they are associated with junior or senior teams. If you are not attached to a team or group listed then please choose miscellaneous and send us an email of the group of people wanting to sit together.
Tickets need to be booked and paid by Friday the 8th September via
Basket of freshly baked bread rolls
Hot Buffet Dishes
Lamb Rogan Josh with coriander lemon yoghurt
Sauteed chicken breast in tangy chilli lime and peanut sauce
Slow cooked diced beef in bacon onion and Guiness sauce
Served with Basmati rice pilaf
Tossed Garden Salad
Potato Salad with crispy bacon egg and sour cream dressing
Broccolini snow pea and bean salad with Asian style dressing
Chargrilled vegetables and pasta salad with balsamic dressing
Cold Buffet Platters
Roast beef sirloin with hoi sin chilli plum sauce glaze.
Smoked Tasmanian salmon with dill & caper crème fraiche
Grilled Dukkah marinated chicken breast with lime salsa
Sliced double smoked leg ham.
Sliced roasted turkey breast
Served with a selection of mustards, sauces and condiments
Platters of assorted cakes with cream & dessert sauces
Fresh seasonal sliced fruit platter
Tea and coffee station
Blue Devils 6v6 End of Season Gala Day – Saturday 7th October 2017
The winter competition is coming towards the end, futsal and summer 6s will be kicking off in the not too distant future!
Do you think your team has the determination and skill to win one more trophy before year's end?
We have great fields, quality competition, refs, a canteen, what a fantastic way to spend a Saturday in the glorious Spring sunshine before futsal starts.
Contact the co-ordinator for your age group and don't miss out!
Clubs or teams participating in the 2017 Blue Devils Gala Day are represented by players from the following age groups, female teams may play down 1 chronological year:
Games are played on a small sized field and consist of 2 x 10 minute halves with a five minute half time break.
Consolation and finals will be 2 x 15 minute halves with a 5 minute half time break.
There is an absolute maximum of 16 teams per age group which will be divided into 4 pools of four.
Each team will get a minimum 5 games consisting of 4 pool games and a consolation if they don’t make finals.
Team registrations should be organised by an authorised official such as the team manager or coach.
- An initial Expression of Interest form should be lodged by Friday 1st September 2017
- Once participation is confirmed, final payment and team list is required by Friday the 22nd of September 2017.
- $250 per team required by Friday 22nd September 2017.
- $220 is payable if fully paid and registered by the Friday the 1st of September 2017
- Payments are required to be made to:
Belconnen United Football Club, BSB - 641-800, Account - 200746817
- This fee includes insurance cover for players registered for the 2017 Capital Football winter competition.
- Interstate teams’ insurance cover is provided by their local registration organisation so long as they are registered for the 2017 winter competition and have obtained a clearance (sanction) from the appropriate governing body. This governing body is the relevant Football/Soccer Club, Association, Branch or State Federation.
- Mandatory Capital Football insurance cover for players not registered for their relevant 2017 winter competition is $12 per player and is to be paid with the team’s registration.
VENUE University of Canberra Fields 4, 5a and b
It is currently anticipated there will be competitions in the following division groups:
- Under 10,
- Under 11,
- Under 12,
- Under 13,
- Under 14,
- Under 16.
Depending on the number of teams registered some divisions may be combined for an even competition. All female teams are encouraged to compete and they can play one age group down.
Each division will be divided into even pools where possible. While every effort will be made to place every team in a competition, final placements will be made in the order that completed registrations with deposits are received.
- The draws for each division will be available prior to the competition start date.
- The first game will kick-off at 8:00am.
The top team in each pool go through to semi finals, or the top 2 teams in the group will play-off in the grand final or depending on number of teams that are registered within that division.
The tournament is played under the official laws of the game for 2010 as approved by FIFA and adopted and circulated by Football Federation Australia.
SPECIFIC TOURNAMENT RULES
- All games will be of 25 minutes duration (10 minute halves with a 5 minute half time break)
- Each player should wear the same shirt number in every match.
- 9 players are allowed on the match card and unlimited Interchange can be used for all divisions provided the ball is out of play.
- The Match Official has full discretion to control substitutions and issue disciplinary Cards.
- Match cards are available from the Registration Desk, located near the canteen. Completed cards are to be handed to the match official at the commencement of each game. Match scores are to be returned to the Registration Desk at the end of each game by the winning team, in the event of a draw, the first team listed.
- Teams must be assembled at the correct field five minutes prior to the scheduled start time of their match.
- The tournament organisers will supply match balls.
- Any player who receives a red card will not be eligible to play the next scheduled game.
- Any player who receives a cumulative three yellow cards will not be eligible to play the next scheduled game.
- The Match Official's decision is final.
- Points – win 3, scored draw 2, scoreless draw 1, loss/forfeit 0.
- Teams not ready to play within 10 minutes of the nominated kick-off time forfeit the match (3-0 win to the opposition).
- Standings will be determined by points. If teams are even at the end of all games in their pool, the winner will be decided by their head to head result. If a draw, the winner will be determined by goal difference. If they still remain even the winner will be determined by the team with most goals scored. If still even then the winner will be decided by the toss of a coin with the Tournament Official deciding who shall call the toss.
- In the event of a draw during the play-off games, extra time of five minutes each way shall be played. If upon the conclusion of extra time the game is still drawn a penalty shootout shall take place, using the players on the field at this time.
- The final will be of 15mins duration for each half with 5 mins for half time
- Incidents and circumstances outside the rules will be decided by the Tournament Officials.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of fellow players, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Refrain from conduct which could be regarded as harassment towards fellow players and coaches.
- Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow players and competitors.
- Care for and respect the equipment provided to you as part of the day.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner relating to language, temper and punctuality.
- Maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times.
- Abide by the rules and respect the decisions of officials, making all appeals through the formal process.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Show appreciation for good performance and skilful plays by all players (including opposition).
Coaches and team officials are expected to abide by all that is encompassed in the above Codes of Behaviour and above all encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, contest administrators and officials at every game.
Thursday 5th of October, 2017
Golf day Sponsorship package
We invite you to buy a hole for $1,000 in the annual Belconnen United Football Club Golf Day with our golf day Sponsor, Ryleho Group.
As the sponsor of a golf hole on this day, you will be able to promote your
business to in excess of 140 people who will play and get a chance to read about your business on this great networking opportunity day as well as electronic marketing via our website and Facebook.
Your package will include:
1 x business sign to be displayed on your allocated hole
4 x green fee players
4 x dinner buffet tickets at the 19th hole 12 drink Vouchers on the course
4 x golf raffle tickets to a golf prize package draw
Your business story ...
We encourage you to write a small blurb about your business so we can promote you on our website, social media and through our businesses within Belconnen and surrounding district.
Preparing for the day ...
On the day, it will be a shotgun start with a 12pm tee off, two groups of 4 per hole playing 4 person Ambrose, with each player needing 3 drives on the scorecard. There will be prizes for four nearest to the pin greens and four longest drive holes.
Carts will be available for hire at Yowani. Please email email@example.com if you want to reserve a cart. Meals will be served at the presentations around 6:00pm.
Interested in sponsoring a golf hole?
Contact Tony on 0407558300 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
A program to help talented junior players develop foundational technical and functional game skills.
Who is this program for?
The BUFC Skills Acquisition Program (SAP) for 2017 is designed for junior players from Belwest, Belsouth and Belnorth U10 to U12 Division 1 teams who may be planning to play at the NPL Level in the future.
What is the aim of the program?
BUFC will offer a structured program to:
- Develop and refine 4 core skills identified by the FFA National Curriculum – First touch; 1 V 1; Running with the ball; and Striking the ball.
- Improve game awareness – Perception, Decision Making and Execution (PDE) which will form the basis of any player assessment at future trials.
- Provide a mentoring relationship for coaches from the affiliated junior clubs to deliver the sessions under the guidance of the Belconnen United technical directors.
When does the program run?
The second 9 week program will be offered in term 3 with BUFC trials in term 4:
|3||Mon 24/7 to 18/9||SAP Programme (Part B) - 9 weeks||Mondays Everyone - 6pm to 7pm||AIS Synthetic|
How much does the program cost?
The cost of the program will be $100 per term (9 week term), plus a one off cost for a BUFC training shirt of $25 (for those who did not purchase one in Term 3). Players must be registered players and wear football boots and shin pads to all sessions.
BOOK ONLINE NOW - https://www.trybooking.com/PMRD
2016 was great and this year it will be even more fun!
When: Saturday 17 June
Time: Doors open 6:30pm, starts promptly at 7:00pm
Where: Belconnen Soccer Club, Cnr Springvale Drive &
Belconnen Way, Hawker
Great prizes for the winning table, plus lots of extra games
and activities too – Heads and Tails, Coin Toss, Raffle, Lucky Door
Don’t forget there is a prize for best dressed table!
This year the theme is Sky Blue!
Get together with your team mates to book a table of 10 or we’ll find
you a table. Book now at https://www.trybooking.com/PSEO
Can you help out?
To help make the night a success we are seeking donations for prizes and the silent auction. Items like
sporting memorabilia, gift vouchers for restaurants or shops, hampers and pamper packs etc all gratefully
received. If you own/run a business this could also be a good way to get your organisation’s name out to the
BUFC family! All donors acknowledged on the night and on the website after the event. If you can help, please
contact Tanya Boulter at email@example.com